To add your new pixel to your Geniuslink account, you'll need to have the pixel code snippet on hand. Here's some instructions on how to generate pixel code from Facebook's Ads/Business Manager dashboard.
Follow these links for help generating a pixel code snippet from Google Tag Manager or Twitter Business.
GDPR update: By default, as of May 25th, 2018, we will prevent retargeting pixels from being served to visitors in the EU, to help our clients stay compliant with GDPR guidelines. You can learn more and override this setting (by releasing Genius Link from the responsibility of obtaining consent from your visitors on your behalf) from the Tools page.
Adding your pixel to Genius Link
1. Copy your pixel code snippet to the clipboard. Use the links above for step-by-step instructions on where to find the pixel code.
2. Log into your Geniuslink account.
3. Navigate to the Tools page. Alternatively, click the Pixels tab on the Link Creator.
4. Click Add a Pixel
5. Paste in the code in its entirety and click Add this pixel.
Adding the pixel to your links:
Once you have added your tracking pixels to your Geniuslink account, you can now add them to each of your links in order to build custom audiences or retarget your visitors. To do this follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Links page of your Geniuslink account.
2. If you are building a New link, simply paste your new link into the link creator. Otherwise, click the small gear icon to the right of the link you want to add a pixel to and select Edit link
3. Next, click on the Pixels tab, just below the link preview
4. The tracking pixels that you already added to your account will be displayed below, or you can add another pixel by selecting Add new pixel
5. Simply click the check box next to each pixel you want to attach to your link and click Save (or Update)
6. These pixels will now be fired each time someone clicks on your link!
Please note: Adding pixels to your links may affect the link's resolution speed.