CREATE AN ACCOUNT
ADD YOUR TRACKING IDS
1. Log in and navigate to the Aﬃliate page:
2. Click the Connect an aﬃliate program button
3. Paste in your Amazon Associates Tracking ID (e.g. “associate-21” for EU programs and “associate-20” for the US)
4. Select the relevant country from the drop-down list. Then click Connect this Program
5. You will see all of the countries and programs connected to Geniuslink at the bottom of the page.
Only have one or two IDs? Consider applying to more of the Amazon Associates programs to make the most out of your international traffic!
You may want to create some separate Associates Tracking IDs speciﬁcally for Genius Link, rather than use your main Store IDs. This will allow you to track clicks and sales through Genius Link separately within your Amazon Associates dashboard.
For example: GLtrackingidUS-20, GLtrackingidUK-21, GLtrackingidFR-21, etc.
CREATE A LINK
1. To create a globalized Amazon link navigate to the Links page
2. Paste in an Amazon link in the space to the right of the blue New… button
3. Customize and organize by…
- Including an optional vanity code to customize your link (e.g. geni.us/PlacesYoullGo)
- Adding your links to a Group
- Include a note, to help remember where and why you created the link.
4. Click Save
That’s it! You have built a globalized link that will automatically send your customers to the correct product within their local storefront.
In addition, your country speciﬁc Amazon Associates Tracking IDs will be added automatically to ensure you receive credit for every click.
Finding the same product in different storefronts can be tricky sometimes, so we'll help find product matches with our patented 5-step translation process.
Geni.us links are dynamic, allowing you to edit your link from our dashboard and have the changes carried out everywhere the link is posted.
TEST YOUR LINKS
Curious where your international visitors will be sent when they click your link?
Be sure to test your links out before pushing them live!
When you test, what you're looking for is that you land in the right storefront, with a matching product, and your country specific affiliate ID in the URL.
Is our translation algorithm not able to ﬁnd the correct product in a foreign storefront? You can switch to an Advanced Link to set rules to send customers clicking from that country to a speciﬁc destination!
Learn about other ways to test links here!
TRACK YOUR LINKS
- Organize your links into Groups in order to better track your campaigns. (e.g. website, campaign1, campaign2, etc.)
- Furthermore, add Tracking Tags to your links, in order to get even more granular data on each link. This will allow you to track a single link separately across diﬀerent sources or campaigns. (e.g. “…?track=twitter” vs “…?track=facebook”)
Check out our Quick Start Guide to learn more about how to navigate the dashboard or learn about our other features, such as the WordPress plugin!