What is the Amazon Link Engine?
This is a programmatic method for building links. Learn about the the differences between manual and programmatic links here.
- Install the Amazon Link Engine.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Once activated, your links will automatically be localized from then on!
To Connect your Geniuslink Account:
1. If you don’t have an account already, create a Geniuslink Account.
2. After signing in, navigate to the Tools tab and create a new API token.
3. Next, log into your Wordpress site, and navigate to the Plugins tab.
4. From here, find the Amazon Link Engine plugin, and click on Settings. (Note: be sure that the plugin is activated on your site first).
5. Once here, copy and paste the API Key and Secret tokens into the ALE. Step two should light up in blue and you will get a "Connected!" message.
6. From here, select the Group where you would like the clicks to be recorded.
7. If you're using a Custom Domain, you can select which domain you would like to use with the ALE. (Note: You will need to set up your custom domain with the Geniuslink Service prior to completing this step).
8. Leave the Honor existing Associate IDs checkbox UNCHECKED unless you have Amazon links with existing affiliate parameters already on your site, and do NOT want to overwrite them with the Affiliate parameters that you have entered into your Geniuslink Account.
9. Check the Preserve URLs until click time checkbox if you want your links to remain unconverted when the page loads, and only localize once a user clicks your links.
10. Be sure to hit Save Changes and you are all done!
11. Your click data will now be flowing into your Geniuslink account.
To earn international commissions:
- If you have already added your Affiliate parameters to your Geniuslink account, you’re good to go!
- If you haven’t already, sign up for the Amazon Associates Programs you’d like to earn commissions from (instructions on how to sign up can be found here).
- Once approved for the various Amazon Associates programs, jump into your Geniuslink dashboard and navigate to the Affiliate page. Then, click the Connect an affiliate program button and paste in your ID. Select the appropriate country, then click save. Repeat with one ID for each marketplace you've signed up for.
- Once saved into the dashboard your links will start using the appropriate affiliate parameters with each click.
Click here to learn more and download the Amazon Link Engine Plugin.